Basic therapy of lymphedema
- Complex physical decongestive therapy (CDT) according to Földi, consisting of
- manual lymph drainage
- compression therapy (bandages, compression garments)
- decongestive remedial exercises (specialist physiotherapy and exercise)
- skin hygienic measures for the prevention of erysipelas.
CDT consists of two phases:
Phase I – Decongestion (mobilization of fluid and softening of fibrosclerotic tissue).
Phase II – Conservation and optimization of therapeutic results, immediately after in-patient therapy if required.
The Földi Clinic employs 38 physiotherapists and massage therapists with advanced training in complex physical decongestive therapy and with many years of experience in the field.
The treatment of patients with diseases of the lymph vascular system requires an integral, holistic approach. In order to meet these requirements we offer both physical and ergotherapeutic treatments as well as general medical treatment.
Our staff have been trained in a range of treatment methods:
Physical therapy / massage therapy:
- Manual lymph drainage / CDT
- Compression bandaging
- Functional bandaging, taping
- Classic massage
- Connective tissue massage
- Functional massage
- Foot reflex zone therapy according to Marquardt
- Colonic massage
- Thermotherapy (cold air, hot roll, ice)
- Electrotherapy (ultrasound, stimulation current, TENS machine, muscle stimulation, phonophoresis)
- Marnitz therapy
Physiotherapy / Remedial gymnastics:
- Manual therapy
- Remedial gymnastics based on neurophysiological principles: proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF) / Bobath
- Dorn therapy
- Functional kinetics
- Sling table therapy
- Apparative remedial gymnastics
- Gait training
- Back therapy
- Cognitive ability training
- ADL training
- Advice and training for the protection of joints
- Sensitivity training
- Advice on medical aids
Further physical remedial exercise techniques aim to:
- Relieve pain
- Improve functional deficits
- Improve the effectiveness of muscle and joint pumps
- Improvement of well-being
The clinic offers an extensive group therapy and sport program under the guidance of specially trained sport educators in its newly renovated gymnastics hall. The courses on offer are adapted to suit the various edema locations, the patient's individual fitness level and the type of lymphedema.